Search This Blog

Saturday, July 29, 2017

Just when we thought our season was over.....

Just when we thought our baseball season was finally over we get sucked right back in. Our son got a call about playing for a travel ball team & of course his answer was "heck yea" cause he loves & lives baseball. So, now here we are getting ready to travel to New York for baseball tournaments again. Travel ball is fun, but alot of expense & work. I've had lots of people ask me why we put out all of that money for travel sports. My answers are simply:

  1.  We let our kids decide if it is something they want to do; it is completely their decision so that we know it is truly something they want to do.
  2. I am a firm believer in "idle hands are the devil's playground." I would rather pay money for my kids to do the sports they love to do than see them sitting around or running around with nothing organized to do resulting in them getting in trouble. 
Huffington Post has a nice article that i really agree with listing 9 reasons why playing sports are good for children. They are all legitimate reasons for children to play sports. Like I said my main belief though is absolutely "idle hands are the devil's playground." There are so many temptations for kids today that can lead to trouble so keep that in the back of your mind the next time your kid wants to play a sport & you don't think you have time or just don't want to deal with the hassle.

No comments:

Importance of Coaches