Search This Blog

Monday, July 10, 2017

Parent Breaks, Vol. 2


     To build on my last post Parent Breaks, I want to add a couple more thoughts on this topic. While your kids are very important in your life, there would be no kids if it wasn't for your relationship with your spouse. That's how the whole thing starts--with your relationship with your spouse, starting from your first date & built upon up to your having the kids.

     It's very easy to forget this after the kids come into your little family. As moms we tend to want to focus mostly on the kids, it's our nature. As dads, especially if you're a sports guy & your kids play, you want to focus on the kids playing sports. These things leave very little time for your marriage, especially when added to work schedules & other commitments.

     Putting your marriage first is so important for several reasons:

  1. Not only was your spouse there before the kids, but when the kids leave the nest it will be your spouse who is there alone with you.
  2. Having a loving, attentive relationship with your spouse teaches the kids what to look for in their own adult relationships, kids learn most by example.
  3. So many marriages are failing these days with lack of spouses attention being cited as a big reason why in most.
    I'm sure there are a plethora of other reasons that a person could come up with, but those are my top 3 reasons.


My husband & I try to do as much as we can together as time allows. He is my best friend, I can't think of anyone I would rather spend my free time with. (Other than my kids of course) It is hard to think of things to do together so I found this helpful list on Pinterest to share with you. Just some easy quick ideas you might be interested in.




No comments:

Importance of Coaches