Search This Blog

Friday, July 7, 2017

Hurt Ball Players

If you've been to as many Little League games as I have you've seen kids get hit pretty much everywhere with the ball. It's always scary, but never as scary as when it's your kid who gets hit. As my son was pitching tonight a batter line drived a ball back at him straight into his rib cage; he dropped like a sack of potatoes. Nothing is more terrifying to a baseball mom than seeing that happen to your boy. As i watched helplessly all the coaches were on the field and an emt parent. Thankfully my boy got up, but as all players do they still want to play.
My son was benched just in case of a blood clot or fracture, much to his disappointment, even though he swore up & down he could play. Boys want to be tough & still play no matter how hurt they are. Ball moms have to remind them after the game no matter how disappointed they are their coaches have to do what is best for their health & safety. Pat their backs, wipe their tears, & tell them its ok; you love them even when they are on the bench hurt. Another thing I've learned the hard way no matter how bad you want to run out on that field or court DO NOT do it!!! If your sports boy is like mine he will die of embarrassment when he gets up. Just don't do it. Trust me on this!

1 comment:

Alfie Diehl said...

I played baseball for many years, it is definitely my favorite sport. I wish every day that I could go back to those days. We made a lot of good memories and had the same experiences your son is having. Tell him to cherish the sport because it sounds like he has a love for the game just like I did and still do.

Importance of Coaches