Search This Blog

Friday, July 14, 2017

End of a Season

If my children didn't play every sport known to man this would be my life now. But luckily (or maybe not sometimes) it is not. Baseball is for the most part over for us. So what do we do now you ask. Well we have summer league basketball & football practices, as well as the occasional travel baseball tournament, of course. Tonight I am sorting hoagies from Marianna's for a fundraiser I headed to benefit our schools football program. (If your local & never had a hoagie from Marianna's you need to get one asap) This brings me back to my original post about the importance of volunteering & helping with your children's sports & other groups. I can not stress how important this is. These groups are for the most volunteer driven. They all, even school sports, need all the help they can get. So many school districts are cutting funding to school sports programs. It really does not take a lot of time to head a fundraiser; I spent maybe a total of 7 hours (that's even being generous) spread over 2 months organizing this one. Fundraisers really are important to the programs & especially to the kids who benefit from all of these programs. So, I encourage all if you again to get out there & volunteer!!

No comments:

Importance of Coaches