Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Something to think about...

As a person who grew up in & out of the DCS & foster care system i'd like to draw your attention to child abuse in this country.

A classmate & sweet friend of mine was very upset this morning after reading that a guy he had went to high school with is being charged for shaking his 5 week old child so badly that it had even detached the babies retnaes.

It's happening & it's happening a lot!! The pictures statistics point out that 5 children die every day from child abuse in the US. Let that sink in for a minute! 5!! 5 children in this country die every day from child abuse!! How can that even happen?

Helpguide lists descriptions of each form of child abuse, how to spot it, and what to do if you know a child who is being abused.

It is important to remember that child abuse is not only physical abuse ending with bruises or marks. It can also be neglect. Neglect is the main way that my brother & I were abused. Our parents were addicts who were more concerned with their next fix & parties with their friends than they were with us.

Child abuse & neglect leaves scars that last a lifetime on children. I am almost 40 & still experience residual effects from my neglect. It does not just go away.

This video is a sad eye opener the first time I watched it, it was gut wrenching to me cause I was this girl. I still cry when I watch it.


Please if you even suspect child abuse or neglect report it! Do what you have to do to get that child help. We should not live in a world where 5 children die a day from abuse.

No comments:

Importance of Coaches