Search This Blog

Thursday, June 29, 2017

Terrified Mom

 While scanning through Facebook today a post from our local news came up that terrifies me. Wnep reported an overdose epidemic in Lycoming County (just 35 minutes from our town), there have been 51 od's in the last 48 hrs. This terrifies me as a mother!!!
 I like to think that as the child of 2 addicts I have made my children well aware of the effects drugs have on you as a person & on your loved ones. I've shared terrifying stories of the horrible things I was forced to live through as a child of addicts. I like to think that keeping them interested & busy in sports will help keep them from that path. But the bottom line is we can't know what our children's futures hold for sure. All we can do is try our best to get them on the right path & hope we did a good enough job.
 That being said I encourage all of my fellow mothers to educate yourselves on the warning signs of drug use, a good site is sobernation.com/teen-drug-use and educate your kids on the effects of drug use even the ugly things you don't think a kid should know. Be involved with your kids, their interests, their education & every part of their lives that you can. Because living with an addict is a nightmare, this I can promise you.



No comments:

Importance of Coaches